RULE BREAK.... are you tired of hearing this in chat?
These are some of the most convoluted, mysterious, and out right over written, over complicated set a rules that must have been written by a woman to make this simple game a complicated lawyer trial.
First off, Rule 5: Take the Unclaimed Body
If there is an unclaimed body in the area that you have knowledge of / within visual sight, you must either leave the area or must claim and eat from that body. You cannot camp the area and wait for the body to de-spawn so you can hunt players.
Why is a rule making me leave an area or MUST eat the body? I get this rule is stopping people from body camping or "baiting" but rules shouldn't inhibit you from playing the game how that individual wants to play. Maybe the ambushed/baited person needs to be aware that it may be a trap. Also, there is no way to prove someone was camping or just happened to walk by. (SOME REAL GREY AREA HERE)
Second, Rule 6:Body Down Means !! STOP !! All fighting must cease immediately when a body falls. The body belongs to the party that won/killed
● AI & Gore / Ribs are not a body ● Both parties involved in the fight have protection as long as they are within NV range of the body until it despawns or is turned to gore.
Oh boy how many of these do you get? I'm not even sure why this rule even matters. This is supposed to stop mass killings? Then what is the "No killing for sport" rule for? This rule is gonna need a referee everytime a conflict happens.
Third Rule 7:Challenging for Body Ownership Players can challenge for a body by 3 calling.
They must allow 10 seconds for the other player to respond with either a 3 or 4 call (4 call only works at the start of the contest). Once a party 4 calls they are giving up the body at the start of the contest.
This rule seems like an attempt at forced role playing. I don't like it, but forces interesting game play. I put this on here because it leads into the can of worms for the next rule.
Fourth Rule 8:You cannot re-challenge for a body you have given up. You may claim only one body per pack. If two bodies drop on top of one another ( not next to each other ) you may either claim both or share with the losing party.
● You may only challenge once. ● If a 4 calling dinosaur is healing from bleed, They do NOT have protection anymore. ● If you wish to leave your body or give it away, you must be 3 called off it first. ● You may only challenge once. Once a body falls during challenge combat must stop. ● If a body Despawns during a contest general hunting rules apply.
THE MOST CONFUSING RULE POSSIBLY MADE.
● If you wish to leave your body or give it away, you must be 3 called off it first.....I want to get rid of a dollar but I cannot give it away, someone MUST say I want your dollar.
● You may only challenge once. Once a body falls during challenge combat must stop. second time this this was noted
● If a body Despawns during a contest general hunting rules apply. general hunting rules apply? you mean free for all? or is there another 9 rules I need to refer to?
Conclusion this is an example of someone thinking they can copy and paste rules from other servers and add to them. And this has happened so many times no one knows what the rule is even for. I haven't gotten into how lawyer protected the suchomimus is in the water or any of the other problematic herbivore rules.
I'd love to be to talk with an admin about the purpose of some of these rules and how they can be abused by abusive admins and players alike. There are so many rules and the expectations for everyone to follow them. Puts the people that do follow the rules at a disadvantage and forced to spend the time and effort to produce evidence.